The Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703) can bring various new features and improvements to your PC. But with any new software updates, there may be issues and bugs that need to be fixed. In this blog post, we will walk you through the process of fixing feature update issues in Windows 10, Version 1703.
Common Issues and Solutions for Windows 10 Creators Update (Version 1703)
1. Installation Failure
If you are facing issues during the installation process, try these fixes:
– Ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for the Creators Update.
– Check your current system state by going to Settings > System > About.
– Verify that you have enough free disk space for the update (minimum of 16 GB for 32-bit OS or 20 GB for 64-bit OS).
2. Stuck or Frozen During the Update Process
If your update gets stuck or freezes, follow these steps:
– Restart your computer and enter Safe Mode by pressing F8 repeatedly during startup.
– Perform a clean boot by opening “System Configuration” in Safe Mode, navigating to the “Services” tab, hiding all Microsoft services, and disabling all third-party services.
– Restart your computer and check if the problem persists.
3. Update Error Codes
Depending on the error code received during the update process, different fixes can be applied.
– Error codes 0x80245006, 0x80244018, or 0x80d05001: Try resetting your network by disconnecting and reconnecting to your internet connection.
– Error code 0xc1900208 or compatibility issue: Check for incompatible apps or drivers and remove or update them before retrying the update process.
– Error code 0x80070070: Free up disk space by removing unnecessary files or programs.
4. Device Driver Issues
If you face issues with device drivers after updating to version 1703, follow these steps:
– Open Device Manager by right-clicking on Start Button > Device Manager
– Check for any drivers marked with yellow exclamation marks indicating an issue.
– Right-click on the problematic driver and select ‘Update driver software’ to check for an available update.
5. Problematic Apps after Updating
Some apps may not work properly after updating to Windows 10 Creators Update. Follow these steps:
– Check if an app has a newer version available from its developers.
– If no update is available, uninstall and reinstall it using compatible settings.
6. Backup and Restore
If none of these solutions works, back up your data, perform a clean installation of Windows 10 with a bootable USB drive or DVD and then restore your essential files.
Windows 10 Creators Update brings various new features and improvements; however, it can also introduce some bugs and issues. The above-listed solutions are designed to guide you through troubleshooting the most common problems users encounter during the upgrade process. If you continue experiencing issues after attempting these fixes, consider consulting Microsoft Support for personalized assistance.